Our service isn't cast in stone
Each negotiation calls for a different approach and tactics. But, a typical rent review involves the following steps:
- A review of all relevant documentation including the Lease,Superior Lease (if the Landlord isn't the freeholder), any Licences, Deeds of Variation, side agreements andprevious rent review memoranda;
- Inspection and measurement of the premises as demised by theLease;
- Reporting any items of disrepair or breach of covenants tothe client;
- Providing a detailed report on rental value based on the research undertaken, and an assessment of thelikely outcome together with an outline of tactics to achieve the best result;
- Triggering the review and proposing a rental figure;
- Negotiating to obtain a settlement at an appropriate rent;
- If it is not possible to settle the reviewamicably, advising on the procedure for determination by Arbitrator or Independent Expertand the appropriatestrategy to adopt.
Click here to go back to the services page.