Our service isn't cast in stone
Each negotiation calls for a different approach and tactics. But, a typical rent review involves the following steps:
- A review of all relevant documentation including the Lease, Superior Lease (if the Landlord isn't the freeholder), any Licences, Deeds of Variation, side agreements and previous rent review memoranda;
- Inspection and measurement of the premises as demised by the Lease;
- Reporting any items of disrepair or breach of covenants to the client;
- Providing a detailed report on rental value based on the research undertaken, and an assessment of the likely outcome together with an outline of tactics to achieve the best result;
- Triggering the review and proposing a rental figure;
- Negotiating to obtain a settlement at an appropriate rent;
- If it is not possible to settle the review amicably, advising on the procedure for determination by Arbitrator or Independent Expert and the appropriate strategy to adopt.
Click here to go back to the services page.