Our typical service includes the following steps:
- A review of all relevant documentation including the Lease, Superior Lease (if your Landlord is not the freeholder), any Licences,Deeds of Variation, side agreements and previous rent review memoranda;
- Inspection and measurement of the premises demised by the Lease;
- Informing you of any items of disrepair or breach of covenants;
- Detailed research into comparable evidence of recent transactions such as open-market lettings, other rent reviews, arbitration awards, and so on;
- Providing a Report on rental value and proposed lease terms, together with an assessment of the likely outcome and recommendations for strategy, and timing, to achieve the optimum result;
- If the Landlord And Tenant Act 1954 applies, and depending upon the market, instructing your solicitors to serve a Section 26 Request, or if the Landlord has already served a Section 25 Notice, instructing solicitors on the appropriate terms to include in the Response;
- If the renewal is unopposed, and you want to stay, negotiating an appropriate rent and lease terms;
- Agreeing heads of terms and instructing and liaising with the solicitors on the drafting of the renewal Lease;
- In the unlikely event that it is not possible to agree terms, advising on the options and tactics if the matter proceeds to Court.
Why not drop us an email?